Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Not Even You, Lestat


You may know the song, Lestat

To awaken a sleeping Akasha

You may have the power

To reach the depths

Of her vicious, damned soul

You may have the key, Lestat

To unlock her darkest secrets

And use them

To charm, to lure, to tempt

As you so wish

But not even you, Lestat

Can bend or break

Or bring to the knees

The demon within

Can put out the savage flame

Once ignited and burning wild

Not even you, Lestat

Can play with fire

And walk unscathed,

Remain unburnt

Not even you, Lestat

Can untwine from

 The serpentine coils

 Of this hissing snake

Or drown in these eyes

Of abysmal depths

And swim away

To safer shores

Not even you, Lestat

Will be spared vengeance

Retribution, agony, wrath

I have risen

I am here

Drink from me,

Forever is yours

* When I was growing up I was obsessed with Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, particularly with the charismatic Lestat, Prince of Darkness and the Queen of them all, Akasha. I had a Lestat poster that I loved, with the movie's tagline 'Drink from me, live forever', hence the phrase at the end. I so wish somebody gets the idea to make this into a tv series - what with the lame stuff out there, seriously :S

Some pics for the fans :)

The movie poster of Interview with the Vampire with Tom Cruise as [Anne Rice initially objected to casting him but was pleased after seeing his performance apparently]



And, Stuart Townsend and Aaliyah as Lestat and Akasha in The Queen of the Damned. The movie was released 6 months after Aaliya's death in a tragic plane crash.


No comments:

Post a Comment